recognizes the importance of sustainability in regards to environmental, social and economic concerns. As a responsible corporation, we are committed to carry out business operations in a manner that will create minimum negative impacts on the environment and the community while creating value for the stakeholders.
The Groups has established the Sustainability Policy based on the following principles:
- Implement and maintain ethical business practices and sound systems of corporate governance.
- Efficient use and conservation of energy and resources and minimisation of waste.
- Create awareness of sustainability among the employees, business associates and the community.
- Compliance with legislations and regulations.
- Uphold fundamental human rights and respect cultures, customs and values in dealings with employees and others who are affected by our activities.
- Contribute to the social, economic and institutional development of the communities in which we operate.
To achieve the goals of the Sustainability Policy and for implementation of the above principles, the followings are practised:
- Implement policies and practices that prevent bribery and corruption.
- Exercise risk management at strategic areas of the business operations.
- Promote awareness of and comply with all relevant legislations and regulations.
- Provide training on sustainable development to the employees.
- Minimise or reduce wastage and materials consumption and exercise safe and proper storage anddisposal of wastes and process residues.
- Recycle of office waste including paper, computer and office equipment
- Reduce water consumption, promote re-use and recycling of rain water
- Use products and technologies that are efficient in energy consumption.
- Compliance to Green Building Index for our development project.
- Respect the culture and heritage of local communities where we operate.
- Ensure fair remuneration and working conditions for all employees.
- Implement policies and practices designed to eliminate harassment and unfair discrimination in all aspects of our activities
- Promote safety and health awareness at workplace and implement reasonable measures to eliminate workplace fatalities, injuries and diseases among our employees and those of contractors.
- Provide employees with appropriate safety and health training.
The Management will review the policy periodically and monitor our progress and implement positive steps for improvement.